The Investment Program Association (IPA) revealed yesterday that Kevin Shields, Chairman and CEO of Griffin Capital Corporation, has been named the trade association’s Chairman of the Board for 2015.
Mr. Shields will take the place of Mark Goldberg, Managing Director, W.P. Carey Inc. and President, Carey Financial, LLC. As Chairman, Mr. Shields will lead the IPA in its mission to raise awareness of direct investments and educate advisors, investors, and regulators about products such as non-traded REITs, BDCs, Oil & Gas, and equipment leasing programs.
Mr. Shields commented, “Our industry experienced another strong year of performance in 2014, and continues to lay the foundation for transformational growth in the future. In 2015, the IPA and its members will be working hard to build on the positive relationships we’ve developed with our regulators, we’ll continue to advocate for the inclusion of direct investment products in a well diversified portfolio and we expect our products to continue to deliver exceptional investor value.”
“The IPA’s robust advocacy and education initiatives continue to propel the direct investments industry forward,” stated IPA President and CEO Kevin Hogan. “We are confident that Kevin Shields’ experience, insight and expertise will guide the IPA to an even broader growth,” he added.
In addition to Mr. Shield’s appointment, the IPA also voted five new members to its board and named Tom Sittema, CEO of CNL Financial Group, as chair-elect for 2015, which means he will serve as chairman in 2016.
Mr. Hogan continued, “We also welcome to our Board five senior industry executives who bring a broad range of industry experience to an already incredibly diverse board. As the IPA expands and meets new challenges, we will draw on their insights to advance the Association’s standing with all of our audiences.”
The newly elected board members include;
- John Guthery, Senior Vice President, W. P. Carey Inc.;
- Nathan Headrick, General Counsel, Triloma Capital, LLC;
- Lance Murphy, Executive Vice President, Franklin Square;
- Larry Roth, CEO, Cetera Financial Group;
- Sherri Schugart, Senior Vice President, Hines Real Estate Investment Trust, Inc.
Current board members include;
- Keith Allaire, Managing Director, Robert A. Stanger & Co., Inc.;
- Tony Chereso, Director of Capital Markets, United Development Funding;
- Sherri Cooke, President and CEO, AI Insight;
- Martel Day, Founder and Principal, NLR Advisory Services, LLC;
- David Fred, Vice President, Head of Due Diligence, Cetera Financial Group;
- Judith Fryer, Principal Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig LLP;
- Mark Goldberg, Managing Director, W.P. Carey, Inc. and President, Carey Financial, LLC (2015 Chair Emeritus);
- Jack Hollander, Executive Vice President, Atlas Energy LP;
- Kevin Keefe, Executive Vice President, First Allied Securities;
- Wally Kunzman, President, Kunzman & Bollinger, Inc.;
- Frank McCarthy, Vice President and General Manager, Ameriprise Financial;
- Robert Franklin (Frank) Muller, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Behringer Securities;
- Charles Murray, President, Dividend Capital Securities;
- Ella Shaw Neyland, President Steadfast Apartment REIT;
- Ryan C. Parker, Executive Vice President of Investment & Planning Solutions, LPL Financial;
- Mitchell A. Sabshon, Chief Executive Officer, Inland Real Estate Investment Corp.;
- Nick Schorsch Chairman and CEO, American Realty Capital;
- Kevin Shields, Chairman and CEO, Griffin Capital Corporation (2015 Chairman of the Board);
- Thomas K. Sittema, Chief Executive Officer, CNL Financial Group Inc. (2016 chair-elect);
- Rosemarie Thurston, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP