Vice President, Due Diligence
Bluerock is a national asset management and investment company with more than $6 Billion in AUM providing both public and private institutional investment products for individual investors.
Bluerock’s continued growth has created the opportunity for a Vice President, Due Diligence.
Our newest team member will have a minimum of 5+ years financial services / investment experience having worked for financial advisor, independent broker-dealer, investment wirehouse, investment manager/advisor and/or professional real estate company. The position interacts with multiple departments including: accounting, compliance, due diligence, executive management and capital markets teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in: accounting, business, economics, finance or legal;
- 5+ years prior proven experience in financial / investment / securities industries;
- Exceptional financial analytical skills with an understanding of discounted cash flow analysis, financial modeling, forecasting techniques and variance analysis and quantitative analytics;
- Understanding and use of commercial real estate financial statements, operating reports/budgets, terminology and applications is a plus;
- Mastery of Excel and an ability to create in-depth financial analyses via modeling;
- Proficient in applicable software applications including Morningstar preferred;
- Solid understanding of domestic financial markets; and
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Responding to investment advisor and broker dealer due diligence questionnaires (“DDQs” and “RFI”) related to current and prior private and public investment programs;
- Maintain all due diligence records, files, and requests across all investment products;
- Performing comparative investment analysis on multiple investment alternatives to assess differences in performance, risks, markets, fees, etc;
- Prepare detailed summaries of investment programs and analytical reports for broker dealer, institutional and retail clients, which involves analyzing investment portfolio holdings and generating quarterly investment performance using Morningstar;
- Respond to ad hoc requests, research projects from both internal and external sources
- Review in-depth real estate and financial underwriting models and forecast investment performance
- Assist in preparation of quarterly reports on current and existing investment programs incorporating relevant market and financial information for investor use;
- Perform in-depth industry and general real estate market research and analysis;
- Contribute to financial markets / industry news and commentary / research white papers / blogs / commentary / thought leadership;
- Assist in the design and creation of educational materials and modules centered around relevant commercial real estate developments and investing in commercial real estate;
- Maintain a high level of compliance awareness and knowledge;
- Compose and produce work in a fast-paced environment where speed and accuracy are required; and
- Maintain responsibility and accountability on every project.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please tell us why in your cover letter and email this along with your resume in PDF or Word format. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.
Compensation: Competitive Salary BOE, annual bonus potential and comprehensive benefits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please no phone calls. Calls will not be taken or returned.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
To apply, please send resumes to Josh Hoffman at email@example.com