ABOUT PACIFIC OAK CAPITAL MARKETS
Pacific Oak Capital Markets is a wholesaler and managing broker-dealer for alternative investment offerings. Pacific Oak Capital Markets is committed to representing products where financial professionals can match capital with opportunity for their clients. Our team focuses on providing financial solutions to financial advisors and registered investment advisors. Its investment professionals are dedicated to delivering offerings that produce compelling risk-adjusted returns through real estate, private equity, and other alternative investment products.
Founded in 2018 as a spin-off of a highly successful alternative investment group, the Pacific Oak Companies is a manufacturer and distributor of real estate-related alternative investments. With $4b in AUM, Pacific Oak Capital has a strong history of providing performance, service and support to financial advisors and their clients. Pacific Oak Capital Markets distributes products such as non-traded REITs, private offerings, opportunity zone funds and DST’s.
The position comes with a high level of autonomy and requires building and maintaining relationships with financial advisors/brokers to generate required production/sales revenue from the products represented by Pacific Oak Capital Markets. The position also requires the development of a tactical plan and thoughtful, diligent execution of territory management. The Ohio Valley Territory encompasses Western Pennsylvania, Ohio, , Michigan, Kentucky, and Indiana).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to increase sales within the territory by developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with third parties, which includes independent financial planners and registered investment advisors.
- Conduct the following activities to develop relationships and raise capital for Pacific Oak distributed offerings: meet with advisors in territory, conduct client seminars, attend broker/dealer conferences and annual meetings, build relationships with sales management at key firms.
- Work in coordination with internal sales partners, provide direction for outbound sales call campaigns and strategic territory coverage.
- Maintain high activity level of face-to-face selling,
- Will require multiple days a week in the field.
- Assist with developing and implementing wholesaling business plans for the territory to deliver on sales goals.
- Manage expense account within allotted budget.
- Five or more years relevant experience. Interest and/or experience in the alternative investment space and/or independent broker-dealer channel preferred. Must have an in-depth knowledge of investment products, financial markets and competitive landscape, product performance, and investment management philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong sales abilities are required, evidenced by a track record of increasing new business and developing relationships. Must be able to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry, alternative investments and other investment vehicles. Strong relationships with sales, business, product, and research personnel in the independent broker/dealer channel.
- Ability, to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical information or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively prepare and deliver clear, convincing, and professional sales presentations and respond to inquiries/questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Series 7 and 63 required.
To apply, please email Jeff Kremin at email@example.com using the subject line “Application for Ohio Valley RVP”
Company: Pacific Oak Capital Markets
Location: Ohio Valley Territory