As one of the nation’s leading 1031 exchange sponsors of private placement Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs), we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a national employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Four Springs Capital Markets.
The Real Estate Exchange Specialist will be responsible for providing 1031 exchange product support across all channels (independent broker dealers, regionals, wire houses, RIAs, and home offices) and building long-standing trusted partnerships that enhance long-term holdings of Four Springs products and services. The position will represent Four Springs in both prospecting and distributing our unique, private placement offerings, which provide investors with the ability to sell investment real estate and defer capital gain taxes under IRC Section 1031 and create the opportunity for passive diversification through an investment in one of our institutional quality industrial and medical properties.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with financial advisors, investors, tax, and legal advisors about the Four Springs Capital Real Estate Exchange program and diversified opportunity zone funds
- Work closely with internal, external, and hybrid consultants across all channels to generate 1031 exchange leads
- Identify sales opportunities and proactively conduct consultative, relationship-building outbound calls and schedule meetings and conference calls
- Partner with the closing team and other 1031 exchange team members regarding all firm Real Estate Exchange activity
- Generate sales and marketing ideas to help better position the 1031 exchange program
- Serve as the subject matter expert and in-house resource for colleagues and provide insights about commercial real estate, REIT, the 1031 exchange, and the industry
- 2-5 years of sales experience in financial services; experience with 1031 real estate exchanges and/or real estate transactions
- Knowledge of alternative investments and the wholesale distribution of financial products strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be articulate and polished in explaining complex real estate, tax, and financial matters to all audiences, including sophisticated HNW investors and financial, tax, and legal advisors
- A growth mindset with a business-owner mentality, naturally drawn to opportunities, innovation, new value creation, and continually improving own capabilities
- Must be able to work well in a team setting and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with public speaking on conference calls, at virtual meetings and industry events with advisors, clients, and tax/legal professionals
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Consultative, client first approach, delivering solutions, not products, to meet needs and get results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel as needed with consultants and sales management to conduct meetings with clients, assist with client events, and attend industry conferences
- College degree or equivalent experience required (MBA, CFA, or CFP a plus)
- FINRA Series 7, 82, or 22 license required for role, active real estate license or mortgage broker a plus
Our people are at the very core of our success, and we strive to provide employees with a competitive total rewards package which includes:
- Flexible Vacation and Remote Work Benefits
- 401K Matching & Profit Share participation
- Health & Wellness Benefits
The salary range for this position in New Jersey is $75,000 to $100,000/ year. The total compensation offered for this position includes salary and incentive pay of up to 2-5x base salary and will vary based on skills, experience, and location.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Four Springs Capital’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
email Chris Neary firstname.lastname@example.org