The Internal Sales Associate will be partnered with a Cottonwood External Wholesaler in a specified geographic sales territory. This individual is responsible for assisting their External Wholesaler in creating new and managing existing relationships with advisors to increase Cottonwood’s visibility and market share of products throughout the given territory. This position requires an individual that has a sales focus with excellent phone skills, strong work ethic and a competitive drive to succeed.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make proactive sales calls on a daily basis with existing and new advisors to strengthen relationships and find selling opportunities. This includes sales campaigns, new business, follow-up calls, and others as directed.
- Schedule quality appointments, conference calls and/or webinars for the External Wholesaler each week.
- Proactively research and manage territory goals and initiatives.
- Work closely with the External Wholesaler to develop and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize territory sales.
- Identify and actively convert prospects into producers.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Prior investment industry experience
- Must have the ability to work in a challenging and collaborative environment
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task
- Must have strong relationship building skills
- Must be a detail-oriented, well-organized self-starter with high energy and creativity
- Light travel, as needed, to assist the Capital Markets team at industry and broker dealer conferences
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations Required:
- NASD Series 7 and 63/66 Required
Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Cottonwood is a fully integrated real estate company focused exclusively on the multifamily asset class. Cottonwood has significant experience in multifamily acquisitions, ownership, development and structured investments, and is led by a core executive management team with over 100 years of combined industry related experience and has spent an average of the past 10 years together working on the day to day strategy of the company.
Cottonwood invests primarily in major metropolitan markets throughout the U.S. and currently manages over 13,000 apartment units across 10 states, representing approximately $2 billion in assets under management.