Due Diligence/Financial Analyst
Buttonwood Due Diligence, a well-respected provider of independent investment research and due diligence services to broker dealers and registered investment advisors in the alternative investment industry, is looking to hire an experienced due diligence/financial analyst. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual entrusted to work independently in the review and evaluation of investment sponsors and their investment program offerings. Review types are diverse and include REITs, Funds, DSTs, TICs and other public and privately offered alternative investments.
This role is open to all U.S.-based applicants and the candidate will have the option of working from our offices in Littleton, Colorado, or working remotely from the location they choose. Periodic visits to Buttonwood’s home office will be required if working remote.
- Review public and privately offered alternative investment offerings and related documents with attention paid to program detail, financial analysis, demographic review, etc.
- Sponsor review engagements with attention paid to reviewing and evaluating sponsor
operations, prior performance, capabilities, etc.
- Draft investment research reports conveying details of research and review work including findings, conclusions, context, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and their potential impact on Buttonwood
- Attend industry events (i.e., Buttonwood’s conference, ADISA, IPA, etc.) on a limited basis. Likely 2-3 events per year.
- Law degree or undergraduate/graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting or similar
- Financial services and/or legal experience with securities offerings, alternative investments, or similar areas.
- Familiarity with alternative investments, topics, and trends.
- Demonstrable communication, relationship, and team skills.
- Significant degree of self-motivation, direction, and integrity.
- CFA, CFE or CAIA designation a plus.
- Travel within the U.S. may be required on a limited basis to conduct sponsor reviews, industry events and visit Buttonwood’s offices.
Buttonwood offers benefits including health insurance coverage, retirement plan contributions, generous paid time off, relaxed work environment, etc. Equity ownership in Buttonwood may be an option in the future for the candidate that proves to be a great fit with the Company. Buttonwood is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Application and Additional Information
Want more information but not yet ready to apply, please contact Steve or Vince at the email addresses listed above to chat.
Company: Buttonwood Due Diligence Job
Location: Littleton, CO