Black Creek Group is an experienced real estate investment management firm that has bought or built approximately $18 billion of investments over its 25-year history. The company manages diverse investments across the spectrum of commercial real estate – including office, industrial, retail and multifamily. The company has nine offices across North America with more than 300 professionals. Black Creek Group offers a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth management channels. More information is available at www.blackcreekgroup.com.
The Product Specialist will provide 1031 exchange product support to the internal and external wholesaler teams for all channels (independent broker-dealers, wire house, RIAs and family offices). The position will represent Black Creek Group in distributing our unique, private placement offerings which provide investors with the ability to sell investment real estate and defer capital gain taxes under IRC Section 1031 and creates the opportunity for passive diversification through an investment in our $2B flagship fund.
Essential Job Duties
- Gain deep knowledge and become a SME on 1031 real estate exchanges along with Black Creek Group’s diversified real estate fund and real estate exchange program
- Clearly and effectively communicate with financial advisors, investors, tax and legal advisors about the Black Creek Exchange program
- Work closely with Internal and External Wholesalers to generate 1031 exchange leads
- Monitor transactions and follow them from inception to the closing stage
- Coordinate with the closing team and other 1031 exchange team members
- Generate sales and marketing ideas to help better position the 1031 exchange program
- Become a knowledgeable source of information and insights about the commercial real estate, REIT and 1031 exchange and industries
- Adhere to all compliance guidelines, including use of pre-approved marketing materials, prospectus requirements and proper licensing
- Fulfills in a timely manner required administrative/team responsibilities such as Salesforce.com CRM data, call reporting, conference calls and meetings
- Participate in seminars and events; maintain professional appearance
- At all times, conduct daily activities in the highest professional manner
- Some travel as required of position
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Position typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience. Experience with 1031 exchanges, real estate closings and financial services preferred. Knowledge of alternative investments and the wholesale distribution of financial products is extremely helpful. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to be articulate and polished in explaining complex real estate, tax and financial matters to all audiences – including sophisticated HNW investors and financial, tax and legal advisors. Must be able to work well in a team setting in a fast-paced environment with an ability to travel as necessary.
Company: Black Creek Group
Location: Denver, CO
For more information on the application process please click here.