The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA), a trade group representing the non-traded alternative investment industry, has elected 10 new directors at its recent IPAVision conference in Chicago. The IPA board consists of industry executives, each elected to a three-year term effective January 1, 2022.
In addition to naming 10 new directors, the board also elected Matt Fries, head of due diligence at Cetera Financial, as chair-elect for 2022.
“The individuals elected to the IPA board of directors are representative of the transformational growth and expansion seen across the alternative investment industry over the past decade,” said Anthony Chereso, IPA’s president and chief executive officer.
New and existing directors will be led by Anne-Marie Vandenberg, president and chief operating officer and portfolio manager of DWS’ RREEF Property Trust, who the board elected as the incoming chair.
The IPA’s newly elected board members, beginning January 1, 2022, are:
- Christina Adamson, managing director, Ares Management Corporation
- Chase Bolding, chief investment officer and portfolio manager, Invesco Real Estate Income Trust
- Thayer Gallison, senior vice president of capital markets, head of product strategy, Cottonwood Residential
- Brian Hurley, managing partner and general counsel, public securities, Brookfield
- Sheila Rapple, managing director, global head of investor services, Blackstone
- Jerry Pascucci, managing director, UBS
- Nancy Fahmy, managing director, Bank of America
- Paul Mumma, vice president of alternative investments, Ameriprise Financial
- Shawn Groves, head of alternative investments and traded products, LPL Financial
- Jason Goode, partner, Alston & Bird LLP
They join the following IPA board members:
- Anne-Marie Vandenberg, president, COO and portfolio manager, RREEF Property Trust
- Leon Volchyok, managing director, Blackstone
- Jeremy Beal, managing director, head of alternative investments, wealth management, Morgan Stanley
- Chirag Bhavsar, president, Co-CEO, CNL Financial Group
- John Carter, founder and chairman, Carter Multifamily
- Alice Connaughton, partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Bill Duffy, vice president of alternative investments, Fidelity Institutional
- Mark Earley, CEO, Hines Securities INC
- Matt Fries, head of due diligence, Cetera Financial Group
- Karen Garnett, partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
- James Goedtke, senior vice president, due diligence analyst and product manager, American Portfolio Financial Services
- Mark Goldberg, CEO, Griffin Capital Securities, LLC
- Kamal Jafarnia, co-founder and general counsel, Londsdale Investment Technology
- Keith Jones, senior managing director, head of alternative investments products, Nuveen
- Doug Krupa, managing director, co-head of private wealth partners, KKR & CO.
- Chrissy Lee, co-president and COO, Kalos Financial
- Mick Manning, president and CEO, Pacific Oak Capital Markets Group
- Chris Milner, head of commercial real estate, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Timothy Rolfs, managing director, alternative investment product management, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Thomas Sittema, executive chairman, Conversus, A Stepstone Company
- Dan Vene, co-founder and managing partner, iCapital Network
The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives is an advocacy and education group for the non-traded alternative investment industry. The organization seeks to raise awareness of investment products with low correlation to the equity markets, which include non-traded real estate investment trusts, business development companies, interval funds and direct participation programs.