The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA), a trade group representing the non-traded alternative investment industry, has elected 10 new members to its board.
The IPA board of directors consists of senior executive leadership from across the alternative, direct investment industry. Each individual is elected to a three-year term, with the latest electees’ terms starting on January 1, 2021.
“The individuals elected to the IPA board of directors are representative of the alternative investments industry at-large that continues to experience positive, transformational growth despite major headwinds from a challenging 2020,” said Anthony Chereso, president and chief executive officer of the IPA.
The IPA board will be led by 2020 chair-elect Leon Volchyok, managing director of Blackstone. Volchyok takes over as chair of the board on January 1, from Trisha Miller, executive managing director at Robert A. Stanger & Co., who will continue to serve as chair emeritus throughout next year.
The IPA’s newly elected board members, beginning January 1, 2021, are:
- Chirag Bhavsar, Co-CEO, CNL Financial Group
- Mark Early, CEO, Hines Securities, Inc.
- Doug Krupa, Managing Director, Co-Head of Private Wealth Partners, KKR & Co. Inc.
- Thomas Sittema, Executive Chairman, Conversus, a StepStone Company
- Jeremy Beal, Managing Director, Head of Alternative Investments, Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley
- Bill Duffy, VP, Alternative Investments, Fidelity Investments
- Matt Fries, Head of Due Diligence, Cetera Financial Group
- James Goedtke, SVP, Due Diligence Analyst & Product Manager, American Portfolio Financial Services, Inc
- Todd Van Pelt, VP, Investments and Insurance, Cambridge Investment Research
- Alice Connaughton, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
They join the following senior industry leaders who continue their work on the IPA Board:
- John Carter, Founder and Chairman, Carter Multifamily
- Karen Garnett, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Mark Goldberg, CEO, Griffin Capital Securities, LLC
- Kamal Jafarnia, General Counsel & COO, Altegris
- Keith Jones, Senior Managing Director, Head of Alternative Investments Products, Nuveen
- Chrissy Lee, Co-President & COO, Kalos Financial
- Todd Lockwood, SVP, Operations and Shareholder Relations, CIM Group
- Mick Manning, President and CEO, Pacific Oak Capital Markets Group
- Frank McCarthy, SVP & General Manager, Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Chris Milner, Head of Commercial Real Estate, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Rick Murphy, Executive Vice President and Director, Berthel Fisher & Company Financial Services Inc.
- Michael Pagano, Vice President, Advanced Planning Solutions, Avantax Wealth Management
- Michael Reisner, Co-CEO, CION Investments
- Timothy Rolfs, VP, Alternative Investments and Capital Markets Products, LPL Financial LLC
- Jeff Taylor, Managing Director, COO, Black Creek Group
- Rosemarie Thurston, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
- Anne-Marie Vandenberg, President & COO, RREEF Property Trust, Inc.
- Dan Vene, Co-Founder& Managing Partner, iCapital Network
- Leon Volchyok, Managing Director, Blackstone (2020 IPA Chair-Elect)
- Dan Wagner, SVP, Government Relations, The Inland Real Estate Group, LLC
The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives is an advocacy and education group for the non-traded alternative investment industry. The organization seeks to raise awareness of investment products with low correlation to the equity markets, which include non-traded real estate investment trusts, business development companies, interval funds and direct participation programs.