The Investment Program Association, a trade organization representing the direct investment industry, has named Mitchell Sabshon, president and chief executive officer of Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation, as its chairman of the board for 2017. Sabshon will lead the board as the IPA continues to raise awareness and educate advisors, investors and regulators about the benefits of direct investments, the organization said. On January 1st, he will succeed Tom Sittema, chief executive officer of CNL Financial Group Inc.
Nathan Headrick, managing Director of Triloma Financial Group, has been named chair-elect and will become chairman of the IPA in 2018.
“Direct Investment products are evolving in response to investor and market demands, and are poised for growth,” said IPA president and chief executive officer Tony Chereso. “The IPA is proud to work closely with Mitchell Sabshon as we continue to raise positive awareness of this important asset class. Mitchell’s deep experience, insight and leadership will be tremendous attributes as we move forward together as an industry.”
“I am thrilled to assume the chairmanship of the IPA at this pivotal time in our industry. Investors and their advisors are more aware than ever before of the importance of alternative investments in a properly structured portfolio. At the same time, the economic, political and regulatory environments provide both challenges and opportunities to investment performance,” added Sabshon. “I am eager to begin working with Tony Chereso, the IPA staff and our membership to further the interests of the investing public by actively collaborating with federal and state lawmakers and regulators, advancing industry initiatives and educating investors on the broad range of alternative products.”
The IPA also recently named 12 new members who have been voted onto its 2017 board of directors, including:
• James Carbone, Chief Executive Officer, President & Director, RREEF Property Trust Inc.
• Michael Choate, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
• Daniel Cullen, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
• Thayer Gallison, Vice President, Investment Research and Product Due Diligence, Advisor Group
• Robert Johnson, Vice President, Director of Advisory Services, Infinex Financial Group
• Neil Menard, Group President, CNL Capital Markets Corp. & President, CNL Securities Corp.
• Paul Mumma, Vice President, Alternative Investments, Ameriprise Financial
• Nicole Petrosino, Vice President, Head of Federal Government Relations, LPL Financial
• Kevin Shields, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Griffin Capital Corporation
• Scott Smith, Principal, President & Chief Executive Officer, FactRight LLC
• Allan Swaringen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jones Lang LaSalle Income Property Trust, Inc.
• Todd Van Pelt, Assistant Vice President, Due Diligence Product Services, Cambridge
• Daniel Wildermuth, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Kalos Financial
They are joined by the following current board members, continuing their terms:
• Karen Bean, Vice President, Investment Products, NFP Advisor Group, LLC
• John Carter, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Carter Validus
• Alan Feldman, Chief Executive Officer, Resource Real Estate, Inc.
• Matt Fries, Product Strategy Leader, Cetera Financial Group
• Daniel Gilbert, Chief Investment & Operating Officer, NorthStar Asset Management Group Ltd
• John Guthery, Senior Vice President, Product Management, W. P. Carey, Inc.
• Nathan Headrick, Managing Director, Triloma Financial Group (2017 Chair-Elect)
• Jeff Rosenthal, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Triad Advisors
• Mitchell Sabshon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation (2017 Chair)
• Sherri Schugart, President & Chief Executive Officer, Hines
• Wayne Souza, General Counsel and Executive Vice President, Law, Walton Group
• Gerald Stahlecker, Executive Vice President, Legal and Finance, FS Investment Corporation
• Keith Allaire, Managing Director, Robert A. Stanger & Co., Inc. (ex-officio)
The Investment Program Association was formed in 1985 to provide national leadership for the direct investment industry. The IPA supports individual investor access to a variety of asset classes not correlated to the traded markets and historically available only to institutional investors. These include public non-traded REITs, business development companies, energy and equipment leasing programs, and private equity offerings. The mission of the IPA is advocating direct investments through education.